Wednesday, May 26, 2021

My Nightmare

 My Nightmare


I had this nightmare when I was 7 or 6 years old, it happened in Myanmar.. So in the noon before going to bed, my aunty told me a story that happened in Myanmar. She said it was a Myanmar superstition so I didn’t have to worry.


 “Once upon a time, there lived a woman, who loved to whistle! Little did she know, whistling attracts ghosts nearby.. She kept whistling to the same tune over and over again. Then, someone warned her that whistling attracts ghosts. She ignored him and kept doing what she was doing. Suddenly, she felt a cold breeze going past her, she was quite aware about the warning the stranger told her.. But, she still kept going until she saw this other stranger in a black hood. She knew it was too late to be on the streets alone, so she ran because there was something wrong with that stranger. She saw the stranger running after her! The stranger was so fast that he came in front of her.. She had nowhere to run, she was cornered! This stranger held the knife and SHING! She was killed by the ghost in the black hood.” My aunty whispered. When my mum put me to bed, I was really scared if that would happen to me.. In my dream, I drifted away to a dark street at night. I had this feeling to just try whistling and I couldn’t resist it! I whistled all the time with the same tune. Someone approached me and said “Whistling will attract ghosts, please don’t whistle!” I knew I couldn’t resist it, so I kept whistling over and over again. I saw a mysterious man with a black hood on... he looked like he was chasing me! The same thing that happened to the women happened to me, SHING! 


*Alarm Sounds* I got woken up by my alarm! Luckily, I didn’t have to experience death, thank you alarm! Hope I will never have this nightmare again! 


5 comments:

  1. This was my scariest Nightmare! Just so you know, some parts are fake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine how scary your nightmare was that you still remember it! Hopefully, you get a lot of nice happy dreams too:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms Elena! I really appreciate the kind comment! Don't worry I get lots of good dreams!

      Delete
  3. wow Sadaw I love your writing It's amazing I can imagine me having a nightmare just like that ,well I have had a nightmare similar like that but also different. Well done by Neomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Neomi! I love the kind comment!

      Delete